Hey gurrl hey! I'm sorry that I haven't made a set in three weeks, but I've been SUPER busy with school. So anyways, it's Christmas season, and Christmas day is approaching fast. If you haven't gotten your family or friend a present yet, here are some great last minute gifts! :)
1. A Christmas Mug - Tis the season for hot cocoa ! ;) You can get them a mug, so they can sit in front of a warm fire and sip hot cocoa. You can also add some hot cocoa mix in a small baggy, in the mug! Here's a recipe for homemade hot chocolate: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/12/09/homemade-hot-cocoa-mix/
2. Pajamas - I am obsessed with fuzzy pajamas. They're cute and they're super duper warm. Only get these if you know they're size though haha.
3. Christmas Movies- I have never met a person who hates Christmas movies. If you know their favorite movie, that would be best, but honestly all Christmas movies are great. ;D
4. Perfume/Body Sprays- Bath and Body Works always has really good deals on body sprays, especially during the holidays, so you can just go and pick up some sprays and lotions for your special someone! :)
5. Fuzzy Socks - My feet always get really cold during the winter, so I always find myself putting on fuzzy socks. You can never have to many pairs of fuzzy socks after all.
6. Nail Polish- If you know their favorite color, you can just go and pick up some nail polish for them.
So obviously there are way more great presents out there, but these are just some of my suggestions. I hope this is helpful to you!
heyy guys! i saw this fun holiday decoration that would be so awesome and so easy to make so i decided to make a set for you guys! so..... heres a easy DIY "do it yourself" project to make the perfect holiday ornament! enjoy.
supplies you will need -medium size styrofoam ball - a box of sewing pins - a roll of ribbon (any color) -scrapbook or construction paper (any color) -hole punch in a shape of a flower ( looks like this: http://www.michaels.com/Himalayan-Snowflake-Large-Punch/sb3758,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=products-scrapbooking-tools-punches) but is a flower instead of a snowflake) ((you can get it at any type of craft store))
Directions. 1. punch out a ton of flowers that you think will be enough to cover the whole surface of your Styrofoam ball (step 1 for picture in set ) 2. take the sewing pins that you have and push one pin through the center of a flower cutout (repeat this step with all the other flowers and pins) (step 2/3) 3. take your roll of ribbon and one sewing pin and push the pin into the end of the ribbon. 4. Then take the pin with the ribbon in it and push it into the center of the Styrofoam ball (step 4) 4. wrap the ribbon you just taped around the circumference of the ball…continue wraping the ribbon around the stryofoam in a diagonalally across the ball (step 5) 5. after you have wrapped the whole ball with ribbon, pull some more ribbon and leave about 5 inches of ribbon (step 6.) 7. take the five inches and bend it in half so it creates a hoop (step 7) 8. take the end of the ribbon/hoop and pin it down onto the ball. The “hoop” will be what you hang your ornament by (step 7) 9. now…take the flowers that you punched out before and push them into the styrafoam ball ( you can put them as close or as far apart as you want them to be! its up to you) (step 8) 10, create a bow that with the leftover ribbon you have on your roll. (step 9) 11. Pin the bow over the pin that secured your “hoop” (step 10) 12. Now you have finished making an amazing holiday ornament!!!! <3
I hope the steps were pretty easy to understand and that the pictures in the set helped! I know that not all of you guys celebrate Christmas, so this DIY could be an ornament/decoration for any holiday not just Christmas. I want to wish you guys a Happy Holidays! I will be posting another set soon! Sorry for such the long wait for this one xoxo, Annie (@purplechicqueen)
Hey beautiful! Starbucks Caramel Brulee Lattes are one of my favorite drinks ever. If you never had one you seriously need to go try it. But you can only get them during the holidays, so if you're ever craving a caramel brulee latte during some other season you can try this out ;)
Ingredients: 2 oz. espresso or strong coffee 8 oz. steamed milk 1 oz. vanilla bean syrup (*see recipe below) 2 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping whip cream (optional) caramel candied sprinkles (optional) **You can find these at Michael's in the baking aisle**
Directions: 1. Line mug with caramel topping, and add syrup to cup. 2. Brew coffee or espresso, then to the syrup. 3. Steam milk and pour into cup. 4. Top with whip cream and caramel candies.
Directions: 1. In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. With a thin sharp paring knife, split the vanilla bean lengthwise in half. Scrape out the seeds and add the seeds and bean to the pan. Simmer over moderate heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then discard the bean. 2. You can make the syrup up to 1 week ahead; cover and refrigerate.
It's not too difficult if you have the time to make it. If you don't have the patience to make the syrup, you can just go out and buy it from a grocery store. I hope you guys try it out and enjoy it! <3